Monday 25 March 2024

Everybody has to have a want



 Everybody has to have a want.

That’s all I can say

I dream of the day.

The ducks line up.

I just wanna play.

My numbers come out.

Backflip and shout.

Hey, hey, hey.

That’s all I can say.


A weatherboard house.

For me and my spouse.

A garage for me and my tools.

They are my precious jewels.

Smell the BBQ on the deck.

Mulberries fall mulberries wreck

the freshly mowed green lawn.

Roses smile for me at dawn.

 

Play footy with my mates.

We all control our fates.

Handpassing, yelling, tackling.

All our knees and heads are crackling

shepherding and kicking.

We’re all together clicking.

In the grand final. BOG.

Sing the team song. Sing with glee.

 

Heads turn and follow my car.

Honing across the sizzling tar.

The latest model in our town.

With the roof pulled all the way down.

It’s crimson candy red.

It’s turning each and every head.

I give them loud music blaring.

Watch them all staring.

 

Open the front gate.

Greeted by my wagging barking mate.

He stands on his back feet.

A warm and wet and mushy greet.

 

My perfect partner fills a gap.

She sits contently on my lap.

For years I’ve been trying to find.

Someone always this nice and kind.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment