I float in the clouds and dream
Of the sun filled day
You are my favourite partner
On and off the court.
The ball rests on top of the net.
I bet it will fall and be hard to get.
You know how and where to hit the ball.
From here to there you know all
And now after a few sets
When you get the sweats.
I know all of you. From top to tail.
I’ve heard each and every tale.
We win a lot when we jell.
Cause then we play extra well.
That’s the way the ball bounces.
Low and soft. My partner pounces.
When you hit a winning shot
And you’re running hot.
You always smile and raise a hand
for them up there and say thank you.
When I hit the ball out,
I quietly mumble sorry.
You laugh and say to me.
Now let’s go forward.
When you fall and mishit the ball.
You don’t bawl and brawl.
You rehearse and practice your shot.
Aiming for that perfect spot.
The people playing pickleball
Tell me how and where to move.
And today I’m in the groove.
I care about you because you care
And the best thing of all.
After a set of pickleball
You’ve seen me smile and bawl.
You know everything. You’ve seen it all.

No comments:
Post a Comment