Friday 22 November 2019

Chapter 205: pill testing


My grandkids dance around the lounge room.

Bump and thump and grinding in time with the radio.

They say: Look at me.

They kick their legs high and say: Can you do this?

I doze and dream of twenty years’ time. I dream of them doing what they are doing now. Enjoying themselves. Exercising physically and socially. Listening to music and kicking their legs. Throwing their arms. Rolling their hips. Twisting and turning. In twenty years’ time I dream of them dancing at a music festival.  Maybe not after a bowl of porridge.

In my vision of future music festivals I see free and loose unrestricted dancing. I see people getting high on the music and movement. Not relying on drugs to lift themselves up.  I see them getting high by being with their friends and by making new friends. By dancing with other people. By enjoying physical movement of themselves and the people around them.  I see them enjoying physical contact with other people.

In this future fantasy festival I smell legal and illegal drugs amongst the swirling twisting legs and arms. I see my grandchildren obeying the law of the day. Whatever it is.  If they don’t like a law they will try and change it. They will know the law of the day and where it is made.  They will know how and why laws are changed and how to be a part of changing laws they don’t like.

In my dream of the future I see official government workers. Promoting and spreading messages about a healthy lifestyle. Promoting a drug free life style. Promoting safe, minimal use or no use of tobacco, alcohol and party pills.  

My dream contains a few dark clouds. I see some people taking illegal pills. I see some weak people attracted to a quick fix. I see people making mistakes. I see people who are not perfect. Who have not had perfect lives. I see people attracted to dangerous pills.

My dream shows me police not arresting people for taking illegal drugs. My dream contains police who treat taking of illegal drugs as a medical problem. Not a problem that can be solved by locking people up in prison. My dream shows the community helping the weak pill takers. Helping them understand that illegal drugs leads to crime, death and suffering. Locally or in foreign countries.

My apparition includes strong healthy happy people getting high on music and dancing. Living their life without the assistance of quick fixes. Not needing magic pills. Illegal or legal.

My vision contains a scene with positive and constructive people wandering around and talking to the weak. Give them advice and helping them get high by dancing and grinding. I see the strong helping the weak.  I see the strong helping others avoid a tiny little pill. I see crime death and misery avoided here and far away.

My hazy foggy view of the future shows me my grandkids enjoying a music festival. Enjoying the music and movement without taking illegal pills. My dream doesn’t include pill testing. My dream doesn’t include scenes of people taking good healthy pills. My dream includes the weak, troubled, naive being helped. Being helped by their friends and public workers.

I  see my grandkids enjoying music, enjoying their bodies and being sensitive and compassionate to the people around them. 

They can dance to music this morning before school. Why can’t they do it in twenty years’ time? In twenties years they won’t have their grandfather embarrass them by thinking he can kick higher.   



No comments:

Post a Comment