Friday 15 October 2021

Family Dinner



Table laden with food. Roast meat, roast vegetables, tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, salt and pepper and gravy.

My plate laden with sliced roast meat. I cut off the fat. Juice drips from the meat.

Potatoes with dark roast skins look delicious.

Pumpkin looks soft and colorful.

Cheese platter. Cheese knives. Lumps of cheese waiting to be cut and eaten.  Dry biscuits.

Glasses. Empty, half empty.  

Fruit platter. Grapes, pieces of rockmelon, mango, banana, mandarin.  

Kids jiggle and bounce around the room. Unstoppable and never stopping.

Adults perch on chairs and lean on the table. Handy to a plate of food, cheese platters, fruit platters and their glass.

Our dog strolls around licking up anything spilt. Better than a vacuum cleaner.

 

 

The room is empty. Everybody has gone. I see a forgotten left-behind card with writing on it. It is not addressed to me. I read it. I photograph it. I upload it.

 

Dear Emily you have two minietes to flip this card the other way

To Emily love Kaya

 

I love you Emily. Emily you are so speshil as usual. and you are the kindest girl know. I love all of the family but you are the one I love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment