Monday 8 June 2020

Chapter 251: Hug my grandchildren

I wake. Grab my phone and start clicking. Click, click, click. I see a number of posts that say: What people most want post corona is to hug their grandchildren.

I then shuffle towards the kitchen to tell a machine to make me coffee.

I put a scoop of coffee in here, place a cup here, press this button, listen to gurgling hissing sounds, and watch a stream of dark drips. I know have the smell of freshly brewed coffee. I carefully balance the cup and return to my bedroom.

In my bed has appeared a row of grandchildren siting supported by pillows.

I stand and look.

I then try and balance my cup and shuffle back into bed.

Immediately one grandkid says: Don’t do that. You are pushing me.

Another grandkid says: No room for you.

I then say: So there is no room in my bed for me.

They all think this is funny. They all sing in unison:  No room for you. No room for you.  

I then stand looking at my phone. I must be able to find a post somewhere that says that grandparents are allowed to sit in their own bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment