Monday 20 November 2023

The Point to Pinnacle: And After



  

The P2P involves multitudes of volunteers and paid workers such as police.  The volunteers on the drink stations were all well aware and very helpful. Some of them I recognised. Thank you to all of you.

With the aid Mr Goggle I check the race results. The results give me a time of 3 hours 44 minutes and a positum of 1000. The last person came in 1004.

I have experienced everything. I’ve done it all. I have experienced all types of running. Running has helped me learn about myself.

Forty years ago, I ran a 90 minute half marathon in Pietermaritzburg. I have just finished a half marathon in 3 hours and 44 minutes.

Running has helped me learn how to be healthy. Physically, emotionally and socially.

Is it the world’s toughest half marathon?

How easy or difficult I find a race depends on my emotional, physical and social health; the weather; the food I eat before; my race plan and the course.

In the P2P I had social support and I was prepared. I knew what to expect. I had a good race plan. I ate well. Emotionally I was healthy though some people may debate this. The weather was perfect. For me the race was very steep. My legs were taken to their limits. I would say this is my steepest half M. As for toughest… 

No comments:

Post a Comment