Sunday 5 July 2020

Chapter 255: my arch nemesis

I say: Tell me something good you did at school today?

Gertrude: xxxx were naughty. They got told off.

I say: Please tell me something you learnt today. Did you do any reading? Any writing?

Gertrude: They were really naughty. They wouldn’t listen.

I say: Tell me something good that happened at school today?

Gertrude: My arch nemesis was away today. That was good.

She surprises me. Using a word such as nemesis. And using it correctly. I don’t know where or when she learnt the word but she knows it. She is heading towards a good grade for English. 

Now she has to learn not to use it. She has to learn how to see the good in everybody and get on with everybody. She has to realise they are all in the same class. She has to realise that everybody wins when  they work together and help each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment