Friday 3 July 2020

Chapter 254: I need a hug

I walk with and slightly behind Kay and Bruce.

Kay suddenly stops turns around and raises her arms like a scarecrow. She says to me: I need a hug.

I can’t ignore her order. I bend down and lean towards her. I wrap my arms around here. She wraps her arms around my chest.  We become one. A few moments of squirming. She lets go and I let go.

She says: Thank you, turns around and resumes her walk. She looks satisfied. She’s done what she had to. Time to move on.

She made me happy. I made her happy.

A lady walks past with her daughter.  She says to her daughter: Don’t do that. Don’t hug men. You never know what terrible things they would do to someone like you.

The lady speaks loudly. Not hiding her thoughts. She’s just saying what everybody already knows. She’s just stating an obvious fact.

Kay says: That lady needs a hug.

I think and don’t say: You may be correct but I doubt I will be the one.

I say: Unfortunately, I’m all out of hugs.  I can only do a few every day. Look at that cloud up there. What does that cloud look like? What animal is it?

Bruce says: Batman. He does the Batman song and moves like Batman.

Kay says: A unicorn. She dances the way a unicorn dances.


No comments:

Post a Comment