Tuesday 31 May 2016

Chapter 30: It must be illegal

It must be illegal to fell this good. Physically I feel good. Better than ever. NO aches or pains anywhere. Not tired. Not upset about anything. Just grateful to be alive to enjoy the trees, blossom, plants and wattle birds.  I walk in the garden and closely look at the plants. I see new leaves on this plant. They weren’t there before. This plant has swollen buds which announce the imminent arrival of flowers. They should be about a month. Bit early but that’s the way things are nowadays.
It’s getting cold which means I am getting better.  Contrasting to when I was sick. Then my refrain was: “I feel cold.” 

It’s changed. Now when I feel cold I know. I know it really is cold. That winter has arrived. That other people will have a similar mantra. I won’t be on my own. Feeling isolated and different from everybody else.

Am I allowed to feel this good? I cannot think of anything that is troubling me. I go over my whole body. Nop, feeling good. Working well. Functioning the way it is meant to. Eating well. Stomach feels good. Relaxed and loose. Not over loose. Chest no tightness. All the muscles. No tightness anywhere. And the blood. Well you would have to do a blood test. Check for various levels. Not going to do that. No need
.
I go back inside and see at myself in the mirror. I look good. I’m sure I look ten years younger. That evening when having a shower, I weigh myself. Something I hardly ever do. I weigh 2/3 kgs less than my average weight. I tell wifie.  I say, “I’ve lost weight. That proves how healthy I am. I reckon I look ten years younger.”

She looks at me unimpressed and says, “Don’t forget in ICU you lost ten kgs. You didn’t eat anything. I wouldn’t celebrate.”

My enthusiasm cannot be dulled. I feel great and I reckon I look great, though it is proving a bit more difficult to get people to agree with me on the latter proposition. They can’t argue with me about the first suggestion which I will repeat. I feel great.

I am approaching appointments with Neurologists, Endocrinologists and other people. What will they say?   I have reached the point where I don’t care what they say. I can do what I want to do in my life. Does anything else matter? Well the future matters. Preventing problems in the future matters. I doubt any doctor will be able to tell me anything about that. Maybe they will. I will be there to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment