Tuesday 8 September 2020

Chapter 273: I'm wearing my magic shoes

It is a pleasure to walk down the hill. Breathe the fresh air. Every garden contains different flowers and shrubs and garden beds of pride. Our local streets look pleasant. Without evils. Lacking harms and ills. Friendly sun lies behind a gentle breeze.  


Kay: I’m wearing my magic shoes. They tell me when there is dog poo on the footpath and then step over it.

Me: Is there a baddie who can put an evil spell on these shoes? The evil spell that makes you walk in dog poo.

Kay: Jeremy. He’s always naughty. He was talking in class. When you had to keep quiet. The teacher told him off.

Me: I hope those shoes keep on avoiding the dog poo. I hope they retain their magic power.

Me: I can see your magic shoes. Do you have a super power I can’t see?

Kay is bewildered and confused. I am talking about magic shoes. Not super powers.

 

Bruce: If I don’t pick my nose for two weeks will you give me $5.

Me: Is picking your nose bad or good?

Bruce: It is a bad.

Me: Then don’t do it. You will get your own reward. If you don’t do something bad you will get the benefits. You will win.

Bruce is confused. His good plan for earning money has vanished.

 

We continue walking. I am still enjoying the walk. My grandchildren are as lively and spritely as before. More confused but just as energetic and happy.

Approaching us is a big clumsy dog pulling his master. The master is carrying a small black plastic bag. No need for Kay’s magic shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment