Sunday 13 September 2020

Chapter 276: My favourite cafe

Going by Mr Goggle everybody has a favorite café. Everybody rates their café as the best.

My cafe makes the best coffee in Hobart.  Better than others.  

 

Why do so many people tell Mr Goggle that their cafe is the best. Why tell other people to come to your café. Crowd the tables. Eat all the food. Dilute the staff’s attention. I can’t tell people to avoid my cafe but I can say nothing.

 

I return home and browse the internet. The café I have just been in has comments about its coffee. It is organic, fair traded and environmentally friendly. There is further info about different types of coffees. It rates very well.  Nothing about the cups, the tables, the menu, the service, when they serve the food, the ingredients or health of the food. 

 

The café that seems to rate highest on the internet is the one that attracts most internet uses. The café full of people on their mobile phones or typing away on their lap tops. 

 

I rate a cafe highly if it does the basics well. Provides good food and drink in a relaxed comfortable atmosphere with good service. And convenient for me.

 

I remember going to a café in the country and receiving a cup of coffee made with instant coffee. The owner was very proud of the coffee and I celebrated the last of a breed. I couldn’t help but think this man is endangered. I had better enjoy this cup. He won’t last. He will be replaced by an espresso machine and paper cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment