Thursday, 6 August 2026

Queens Domain Parkrun


Click on the image to hear the song.

 3 2 1 run

Run, run,   ruuunnnnnn.

Run and     yak

Clickety      clack

Don’t look back

 

And then without warning

Once again, it's Saturday morning.

My arms and legs are freezing.

I hear deep and heavy breathing

Keep your dog on a short lead.

Special breed. Missed his feed.

Children under your care.

Stay together.  Run with flair.

 

I take my tablets before I run.

Now my blood tests are all done.

My shirt tells you my story

As it puffs in all its glory.

Today my red socks and blue shorts.

I needed to lose some weight.

Not tomorrow. I Can’t wait.

Hefty and big is not my fate.

 

Stopped smoking. Started to run.

In the rain, frost, shade and sun.

Give me a healthy, happy brain.

A big, big gain with no pain.

A photo proves I was here.

Same as I ran just last year.  

Marshall takes my photo.

Make me look fast not slow.

 

Us volunteers can all hear

The runners as they get near.

Run through finish line.

Feel blissful and divine.

All huff and puff and pant.

Will never say they can’t.

Now home to celebrate.

Cup of coffee is their fate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment