Sunday 7 January 2018

Chapter 84: Umhlanga Parkrun (E)







Umhlanga Park Run South Africa (the finish)

I find myself running alongside another man and I attempt to talk to him about the run.
Him, “It’s a very scenic course.”
Me, “That’s the positive.”
Him, “And very flat.”
Me, “And it’s way too crowded.”

I have made a mistake. He slips behind and never speaks to me again and he dreams of Robben Island being reopened as a prison for foreigners who come over telling us what to do.
We can see in the distance the whale bone pier where the finish line is. Scanned in the usual fashion and then a table with water provides partial relief. And then a new experience. The sweat starts to sting my eyes. Many of the runners are lying lounging on grass under palm trees.

2 comments:

  1. Heⅼlo too every body, it's mʏ first go to see of thiѕ website; thіs webpage іncludes amazing аnd genuinely good stuff
    in support оf visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks designed f᧐r sharing ѕuch a pleasant idea,
    paragraph іs nice, thats ѡhy i havе reаԀ it completely

    ReplyDelete