Sunday 17 January 2016

Chapter 5: More chatting with Stacey

I ask Stacey, “How long have I been here?”

She says, “Two to three weeks. Including downstairs and now up in this ward.”

I can’t tell Stacey I don’t remember anything about the last few weeks.  I have to say something.  I can put the question back to Stacey,” Well what have I been doing for the last few weeks.”

She asks me, “What do you remember?”

The truth is I remember nothing but I can tell she hates the topic as much as I do.  I can’t go with this. Instead I ask her about her work. She likes the question so I continue by asking her, “How is your favorite family going today?”


She also likes this question and I lie back as she talks about her kids. She is happy which makes me happy. I love her stories and I try and prolong them by asking about her children and husband.  Why did she have to wreck everything by asking me about the last few weeks? For the last few weeks I’ve been out cold not responding to anything or anybody.  I have been lying on my back being feed through a tube.  That’s what I have been doing for the last few weeks.  Don’t ask about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment