Thursday 4 February 2016

Chapter 13 : The Gold Coast (part 3)

In the afternoon I have a hit of tennis with Bradley. I feel old. Past it. Can’t move my feet. I try and focus. Try and concentrate. I trip and fall. My left hand goes out to break my fall and protect me. My left wrist becomes very sore. What happened?

I can’t handle it. This injury as well as my other problems is too much to handle.  I cannot cope with this injury. My wrist is strained.  It is too much for me. It dominates my being. I suddenly realize a fit healthy person copes much better with a strained wrist than a sick invalid. It really matters.  One illness makes it much harder to cope with or get over a second illness. I have learnt something. 

The next day I try some stretches. Left wrist is sore. Try and move it this way. That makes it worse. Try and stretch it. Still sore. Every time I move or rub it, it is sore. Is it time to retire? Is it time to leave tennis to the younger people? I know I can get back into it. Time the ball again. Move my feet. Do I want to get better at tennis? Is it worth it? Do I want to improve my footwork? Is it time for me to retire. I wouldn’t be the first person to quit. Is it time for me to start acting my age. It’s depressing. The moment I decide or somebody tells me it will be depressing.


Leaving the Gold Coast I think. What do I need to do when I get back to Hobart? Perhaps a few plans will help. I somehow need to get my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment