Saturday 1 February 2020

Chapter 225: Norway : words about my private excursion

Our cruise includes various excursions. Some are included; available to everybody.
Some are optional with limited numbers. You choose one. If any available spots then you pay extra and go.

I decided to do my own private one man excursion on the ship. It involved a trip to medical centre, 32 sutures and photos on Facebook of my lacerated finger.
Like most accidents you replay it in your mind and think if if if...
Initially I thought it was just a scratch. Not worth worrying about.

A staff guy tried to take me to the medical centre.  I feinted twice in the lift and the corridors.  Terrible feeling: spinning head, lying on floor trying to work out where you are.

The doctor had a look and said: we have two options. One is amputation. Or we can try and save it with a skin graft.
I suddenly felt. This is really serious. Anyway Lorna chose the second option. And I now have a scar on my wrist.
The first night the bandage came off and the sheets became blood stained.

The next day I decided: I have new cards to play with.
My finger is damaged. I have to manage it and modify the use of my finger and be careful with it as it returns to a slightly different normal.
Let the game begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment