Friday 21 August 2020

Chapter 264: Who ate this cake?

 

I wander in with grandmother.

Filling my eyes is a missing slice in a cake. The missing slice is not there but it is the most obvious thing in the room. Apart from the crumbs around the mouths of two grandkids.

Grandmother: Who was it ate this cake?

Gertrude: It was grandfather.

Grandmother: Sometimes I don’t know why I bother.

Gertrude: It was grandfather. He did it.

I move around the cake and stare at it.

Me: I can’t tell if this cake is worth eating. Is it tasty? Is it worth eating?

Gertrude: Yes. It is very good.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kay looks lost, confused and anxious.

Me: Are you Kay?

Kay stands unsure about what I said.

Me: You look to me like Kay but Kay is a beautiful dancer. She is the best dancer in the world. Kay is really good at dancing.

Kay smiles and dances around the room. Graceful, lithesome and supple.

Me: It is Kay. You are a beautiful dancer. You must be Kay.

Kay continues her graceful movements. Smiling.  I don’t know who wins the most.  With a few words I have managed to make her happy. I reckon with her smile and her dancing she has made me ever happier.

1 comment: