Monday 3 August 2020

Chapter 261: I hear a sound I dread hearing.

I hear the worse possible sound. I hear nothing. It’s quiet. No noise. No click or hum. Nothing. With grandkids in the house nothing sounds worse than no noise.

I explore.

In the bathroom I see Bruce. In the sink is a can of cream from the fridge. His face is covered in cream.

I say: What on earth are you doing?

Bruce: Shaving.

I say: I love what you’ve done. I’ve got an idea. After you finish shaving wash your face.

It feels like time for me to pretend I am partially supervising what my grandkids are doing.

I then say: Okay let’s go outside and see what we can see outside.

Outside I look upwards. To the sky and clouds.

I ask my grandkids: What do you see in the sky? What are those clouds over there?

Bruce: Rocket launchers. With wings on both sides.

Me: What about over there? What are those clouds?

Bruce: Daggers and swords.

Me: Over there?

Bruce: A gummy bear on God’s head and lightening coming out of God’s chest.

Me: You’re seeing a lot more than me. Kay what about you. What are you seeing?

Kay: Poo and wee and number two.

It is now time for me to be quiet. I am silent wondering what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment