Sunday 9 August 2020

Chapter 262: aka

The table edifies me. It is covered in scattered pens, crayons and paper. The table tells me my grandkids are happy. They are drawing pictures.

Kay: Should I draw this landscape or portrait?

I say: It’s up to you.

I then look at Bruce’s drawing. Is that a picture of anybody I know?

I say: Bruce that is a really good drawing of …ah ah ah.

Bruce: A monster from Mars.

Me: That’s what I thought. It sure looks like it came from Mars.

Bruce: A monster from Mars aka Jeff.

Me: aka?

Bruce: It means also known as.

Me: How would you finish this sentence? My grandfather aka…

Bruce: My grandfather aka…

He then burps.

Bruce: My grandfather aka burps.

He then joyously laughs. He likes what he said so much he repeatedly says it.

Bruce: My grandfather aka burps.

Me: I’ve got a better sentence. Kay aka the world’s greatest dancer.

She immediately smiles and dances around the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment