Wednesday 7 December 2022

Japan: Day 11








Spend the night on the Art Island. Naoshima. Visit museums on the Island. 

 

Guide: This is a very famous painting... Made by...I already told you about him.
Guide: The artist was trying to prove…To represent…He was thinking about…You will notice... I’m sure you've seen his work…
Us: Fantastic

Us: Ohm yeah 

We visit a museum displaying pictures by Monet. No photos allowed.

Guide: Monet. Shadow and light  Choose one of your own.

The snobbish part of me thinks the pictures look out of place. Incongruous. They don’t deserve to see such paintings.  No visible security.

 

The other part of me thinks the paintings should be seen by everybody.

The Monet Paintings have led to local artists copying and learning. Local paintings hang next to famous paintings. Local ceramics. Jugs plates bowls.

Us tourists: I am so glad she is showing up around and telling us.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment