Friday 25 June 2021

Postcard from Bungle Bungle: Echidna Chasm











 

Every day we have a seats rotation. Go forward or back one seat. New view of the bus. Good for morale on the bus. No small groups within groups forming. No people owning different parts of the bus.

I draw the back seat on a day we spend five hours in the bus. Five hours swaying, swinging on a dirt road. The day after I vomited in a plane.

Mrs. C calls out to the driver: Alan’s going to be sick.

The driver stops the bus, opens the door and says: Get out. I get out. I don’t vomit. I reboard the bus.

I notice that a lot of the seats up the front are empty. Covered by bags.

Me: Can I please sit here.

I sit down in a much better seat. Must relax my breathing. Relax my stomach.

We arrive at Echidna Gorge. Echidna Gorge is in a WHA. Spectacular cliffs merge into rocky mountains.

Echidna  Gorge is spectacular.  We walk on small pebbles around big rocks. Walking in the shade makes the walking enjoyable. Many photos are taken.

After the walk in the gorge I tentatively and successfully eat some lunch and drink water.

No comments:

Post a Comment