Sunday 6 June 2021

Postcard from Kimberley: Over the Range Tyre Repairs






Our driver says: We are going to visit my mate, Neville. He’s a real character. He posts pictures of himself cruising down the river with a beer in his hand.

Neville: I love helping people.  

My daughter is six. She goes to the local school. 30 blacks and 6 whites. They all get on well. Learning the local language. Every day she comes home with a new word.

The local mob look after you. I have only been broken in once. That was 15 years ago. I give the locals a discount. Look after them. Nobody ever breaks in here. Most people are good.

The whites who visit can give you trouble. I was out one day. Came back and a tourist was using my tools. Pulling his car apart and he said you wouldn’t mind if I used your tools. He was using the tools all wrong. It was dangerous.

Most people are good. Black or white.

The weather tires you out here. Look at me I’m only 25 years old.  

No comments:

Post a Comment