Monday 28 June 2021

Postcard from Kununurra: Ord River

 





Bus departs Bungle Bungles at 5:25.

I avoid the seat rotation. I’m permanently in the sick bin. Which is a seat near the front.

Our guide plays a little word game.

Guide: I am going to the moon and with me I will take with me…

The game involves guessing what to take to the moon. It is either accepted or rejected. A fun game where you have to try and break the pattern. If you know the pattern it is obvious what the next object to the moon should be. For me it was not obvious.

I will let you try.

Baboon, abacas, scarf….

What is the next object that would fit the pattern?

 

We arrive at Lake Argyle. Our bus takes us to a boat on the Ord River below the dam wall.

Guide: I can talk about anything. You tell me and I will talk about it. I do plants, birds, fish, boats, Lake Argyle, Water for Perth, cane toads. If nobody asks a question we’ll be back early. Ask and you’ll have a longer and more enjoyable trip.

He then proves he can do what he says. He talks informatively and entertainingly about anything along the river. He has been taking tourists for a ride on his river for many years. He is an expert. To say he is an expert doesn’t do justice to him. He was entertaining, informative etc. Where is my thesaurus.


No comments:

Post a Comment